Spotlight: Rosemary Stader

New Support Group Leader in Ohio The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Rosemary Stader as the new support group leader in Columbus,...

New Support Group Leader in Ohio

The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Rosemary Stader as the new support group leader in Columbus, Ohio. Thank you, Rosemary, and welcome!

Rosemary Stader (Columbus, Ohio)

My father suffered from restless legs syndrome for a long time. Unfortunately, years ago I did not understand the disease like I do now.

I first experienced RLS in my late 40s. For about eight years it was managed very well by pramipexole (Mirapex). When it started to get worse, I went to several physicians who kept increasing my dosage of pramipexole. No one, including me, knew that I was experiencing augmentation. I was on a high dose of medication, and my RLS was out-of-control. Finally, I found a physician who understood augmentation and knew how to treat me. My symptoms are now about 95 percent under control, and that is good enough for me!

I decided to become an RLS support group leader to advocate for the use of opioids to treat severe cases of RLS and to help educate others about the disease. Everyone with RLS should read the information and listen to the webinars available on the RLS Foundation website at www.rls.org. We must be our own advocates because so many people do not understand the disease.

Stay up to date with all upcoming RLS Foundation support group meetings on our website or Facebook page. All volunteer support group leaders and contacts are available via phone or email to provide support. Search by city or state to find one near you!

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images