Spotlight: Donna Rivers

New Support Group Leader in Portland, OR The Foundation is pleased to welcome Donna Rivers as the new support group leader in Portland...

New Support Group Leader in Portland, OR

The Foundation is pleased to welcome Donna Rivers as the new support group leader in Portland, Oregon. Thank you, Donna, and welcome!

“My desire to become a support group leader for the RLS Foundation is directly related to my personal struggle with the disease. During my longstanding battle with RLS, I have concluded the public, as well as some physicians, lacks knowledge regarding RLS and periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD).

"Until I found the RLS Foundation, I felt very alone in my suffering. I am grateful beyond words that the Foundation is on the front lines of support, education and research. I recently retired from a 34-year career in nursing. I enjoy learning and helping people, as this has been an integral part of my life. I hope my volunteer role will benefit other RLS/PLMD sufferers in the greater Portland metro area.” – Donna Rivers

Stay up to date with all upcoming RLS Foundation support group meetings on our website or Facebook page. All volunteer support group leaders and contacts are available via phone or email to provide support. Search by city or state to find one near you!

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images