Southwest Ohio Volunteer Update

Thank You, Jan! After over two decades of service, Janice Schneider is retiring as the support group leader for Southwest Ohio. She de...

Thank You, Jan!

After over two decades of service, Janice Schneider is retiring as the support group leader for Southwest Ohio. She dedicated countless hours to her support group and others seeking help, and her passion for providing support to those suffering was unparalleled.

Jan will be staying on with the Foundation as a volunteer contact, so she will be available to continue to provide support to those seeking help via phone or email. Thank you for your continued support, Jan!

Read below for a special farewell message from Jan:

I have been a facilitator for the SW Ohio RLS Support Group for over 21 years. The reason I was willing to help with a support group was that I care for people and what they are going through. I hope and pray that in some small way I may have made a difference in the lives of those I've had the opportunity to touch at the meetings or by phone. I know my life has been enriched by all I have interacted with.

The RLS Foundation has been great to work with, and I thank the Kettering Medical Center for providing a medical advisor and a meeting space for us these many years.

My hope is that the medical profession sees the seriousness of restless legs syndrome, and provides more training for doctors coming out of medical school. [I also hope] that funding will continue for research to bring a cure for such a debilitating disease. I look forward to keeping up with all that is going on through the NightWalkers newsletter, which I look forward to receiving each quarter.

Blessings,

Jan Schneider

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images