Guest Blogger: Annmarie Lindon

RLS NEVER SLEEPS I sit awake late at night Thoughts are flying around my head My body and mind are so exhausted I only want to sl...

RLS NEVER SLEEPS

I sit awake late at night
Thoughts are flying around my head
My body and mind are so exhausted
I only want to sleep in my bed

My legs have their own agenda
All different times, day and night
But you can bet your precious farm
My legs and I meet daily and fight

I always seem to lose the battle
My legs, the pain is too much for me
I try to bang, slap, and walk it off
But relief for me was not meant to be

Sometimes I think I’ve beaten it
The time is way past eight
But then the devil sneaks up on me
And shows me it’s never too late

I dream of the day I don’t have this
The fact that I can’t sleep at night
The pain that controls my arms and legs
The dream that a cure soon be in site

3-2000Annmarie Lindon 

About the blogger: I'm 46 and have been suffering with WED/RLS since I was 12 years old. Back then it was growing pains but I knew it was much more. It wasn't until I got married in 93 when a name was put to it for me. My world changed. I'm NOT CRAZY!!! Unfortunately it started with both legs and then moved to both arms. It is not just the "drive me crazy" feeling but the pain that goes along with it. I'm on numerous Rx for WED/RLS and insomnia. I pray one day soon there will be a cure or at least 1 pill that will work for me. Until then I stay up every night and write.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Flickr Images