Guest Blogger: Robert R. Hampton's Painting

We received this digital image of a painting done by a new member years ago. He has WED/RLS. It reminds the Foundation of our logo. What do...

We received this digital image of a painting done by a new member years ago. He has WED/RLS. It reminds the Foundation of our logo. What do you think?



Meaning behind the painting:
This painting, like most of my work, was painted to show, (in a painterly style), the thought processes related to maturation in the infant and child as to the perceived concepts of the world around them. The top part shows the whimsical and unorganized concepts of reality, (and RLS!). An infant may realize and conceptualization..shapes and concepts and meanings arranging and rearranging themselves around a central awareness. (which will, later, turnout to be themselves or which later will turn out to be themselves and what remains).

The bottom, "panel" represents the caricaturization we all apply to reality as maturation runs it's course... Superimposed are doors, (our choices) we either open or closed.

In one of these doors I show a slab of bacon, (painted with real bacon grease), [I was a poor artist]) which represented to me a decision-making process I experienced as I started to sell my stuff.

As can be seen, (in this work and most others I do) this has metaphysical/religious undertones and can be also interpreted along it's own lines, (this is the basis of that maturation I talked about).

About the blogger: I just PAINT! I am 68 years old and have had WED/RLS since 1958. My twin also has it. I took Requip and then Merapex for the past five years for worsening WED/RLS. Robert R. Hampton, Artist in Residence.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images